Thursday, September 29, 2016

Follow Friday: Is there a book/series that everybody seems to love, but you can’t stand? Why?









Prompt of the week
Is there a book/series that everybody seems to love, but you can’t stand? Why? 
via Heather Fowler @ Blood Thirsty Muses

Oh yes, that's me! Hating books that everyone loved! I can think of two series now. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer and Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. 

I was drawn to Nightshade's cover, loved it. Saw lots of five-star reviews from the bloggers I was following then. As for Fifty Shades, my friends made me read this book. I didn't want to but when a guy-lawyer-friend asked me to, I thought I had to. I was intrigued that this book was recommended by a guy lawyer.  

Oh well, I hated the main characters in those series. Calla - for being insensitive and indecisive.  My heart hurt for Ren, I was constantly wishing Shay to die. Anastasia for being a weakling and the fact that this is a BDSM version of Twilight, total meeeh!  


How about you? Happy Friday!

For newbies, to join the hop, 

* * * * *

Freebies? Click HERE.



1 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree about 50 shades and I'm astonished a guy lawyer would recommend it. Interesting!! Old follower.

Related Posts with Thumbnails