Monday, May 19, 2014

Guest Author: RL Keller


Writing is a labor of love for me.  Being a Christian author, I find that writing to encourage and bless others is very rewarding.  The whole process of writing comes fairly easily for me; I consider it a gift from God.  I’ve always had a desire to jot down thoughts.  My thoughts became a journal file on my laptop.  Over the years my journal file developed into a daily devotional blog that I still write today (http://minidevos.blogspot.com).  

Two years ago, I had the opportunity to put together my first book, There Are No McDonald’s in Heaven: Waiting on God.  Catchy title isn’t it?  I liked it, so I went with it.  My dream of writing a book was born.  The thoughts and ideas flowed out of me like water.  I had WestBow Press, a division of Thomas Nelson, publish it for me. They did a superb job.  Since then I have published a compilation of bible devotionals under the title Thoughts From a Random Mind and my latest effort, titled Man’s Rejection of God: Who’s Responsible?  was just recently made available to the public.  Both are representative of my flowing, easy to read, inspirational and instructional style of writing.

Writing can be a rather cathartic experience and for me, that’s exactly what it was.  It helps me sort out my feelings and thoughts about myself, my life, and life in general.  When I look at God I see what can be and attempt to go there in my writing.  Hope tends to be in short supply at times, so if I can write anything that could conceivably bring a sliver of hope to someone else, then I feel I’ve been a success; not by the world’s standards perhaps, but by God’s, and that makes it worth it. I don’t seek fame and fortune.  What I seek is to bless others.  


Did I happen to mention that I love to write?  Well, I do.  And so far others are glad I love to write, because what I write seems to be making a difference in people’s lives.  For me, that’s what it’s all about.  – Christian Author RL Keller

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for hosting Rich's tour today. I hope your readers get a chance to check out his book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails