Sunday, July 14, 2013

Book Spotlight: Heartbeat by Faith Sullivan

Heartbeat

Author: Faith Sullivan
Kindle Edition
File Size: 321 KB
Print Length: 164 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

About the book:

Katie and Adam are afraid of love.

She carries the scars of a first kiss gone terribly wrong.

He uproots his life to flee the stinging betrayal of an ex.

When trust is no longer an option, all romance is suspect.

As a young paramedic, Adam rescues people for a living but cannot save himself. Katie, just out of high school, struggles with a tortured home life she cannot escape.

Everything changes when Katie hops into the front seat of Adam's ambulance. Overwhelmed by what they are feeling, neither possess the confidence to make the first move. They walk away from each other, full of regret. 

To find her, Adam risks his future. To be with him, Katie sacrifices her security. 

Little do they know, what little time they do have, is being measured by a heartbeat that is slowly dying out.

Excerpt

“Oh, Adam...why?” I ask, tearing up. Kneeling on the bed, I take his head in my hands and press his forehead to mine. It is becoming a gesture of intimacy for us. 

“But Katie, it was worth it. It was all worth it,” he whispers, before his lips find mine.

I never experienced such a surge of passion. I wanted him, body and soul. All the bullets we dodged. All the sacrifices we made. All the pain we endured. He’s right. It’s all worth it, if we get to be together. I cannot bear the thought of being separated from him again.

Our kissing escalates as Adam sits up and hastily removes his shirt. I whimper against his mouth, motioning my need to do the same. He helps me lift my sweater over my shoulders, and I feel a twinge of embarrassment as he unhooks my bra. He stares intently into my eyes as he runs his hands over my breasts. The sensation elicits an involuntary moan from me.

He is back on top of me, our bare skin pressed against each other. I know where this is going, but I’m not afraid. It feels natural. It feels right. I give into this overswell of emotion as it pulls me under.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails