Saturday, April 13, 2013

Guest Author: Gary Goldstein


 YOU DESERVE THE BEST LIFE POSSIBLE!

The winter is finally over, the spring is here, and the summer will soon be upon us.  That can only mean one thing: it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

For me, personally, the warm weather months, and summer in particular, was always a time to have fun in the sun, stay out later due to the extra daylight, and just appreciate the freedom of living my life the way I wanted to.

However, that also included drinking alcohol, doing drugs and gambling, which, unfortunately, led to nearly six years behind bars from 1998-2004.

As the author of "Jew in Jail," and a motivational and inspirational speaker on recovery from addiction who has finally turned his life around and found his purpose, I get tremendous satisfaction out of helping other addicts who are still sick and suffering with their disease.

Not only does spreading the message of recovery and the unlimited possibilities of being clean & sober and gambling free bring hope to my life and to those I share with, but doing so is something I never could have imagined back when I was running the streets of New York City during the time I was caught up in the insanity of active addiction.



Sometimes it takes a setback in one's life to make him or her realize what it is he or she really wants to achieve, and it is better late than never to get the ball rolling in order to feel fulfilled and that there is a reason for waking up each and every single day.

This may sound trivial to some, but until you have experienced pain and heartache in your life, you simply cannot understand the joy and exhiliration that is present when overcoming such difficulties.

So, now that my life is back in order, and I am helping others achieve the same thing, the fact that the summer is fast approaching and I will be able to enjoy my favorite time of the year, is definitely something I do not take lightly.

I hope you are always able to enjoy your life on a daily basis, without many bumps in the road, and take nothing for granted along the way either.

Family, friends, the ability to laugh, being happy and healthy, and sharing with loved ones is what it is all about.

Please take good care everybody, and always remember the gift that you were born with called life.

Live it to the fullest, like it was intended for you to do!


JEW IN JAIL
by Gary Goldstein

CreateSpace
Pages: 719
Amazon Link

Synopsis:

JEW IN JAIL is the true story of the nearly six years that I spent incarcerated in various correctional facilities throughout the state of New York. It deals with my attempts at recovery from past addictions to alcohol, drugs and gambling, as well as my efforts to turn my life around in hopes of becoming a solid citizen and successful member of society upon my release. In addition, my book also provides insight into how I, as a minority in prison, was forced to fend for myself against all of the mistreatment at the hands of the powers that be from the Department Of Correctional Services in this "world within the real world," as well as the daily grind of doing time with hardened criminals, many of whom I felt no close connection to, all the while continuing to fight for the true justice I strongly felt I wasn't afforded during my lower court proceedings.

Follow Gary Goldstein:

http://www.jewinjail.com/
http://www.facebook.com/jewinjail
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4314781
http://twitter.com/gary_goldstein
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?trk=hb_tab_pro_top
http://pinterest.com/gman18nyc/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE4DFCbXRF4&feature=plcp

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails