Saturday, August 4, 2012

Guest Author: Torin Johnson


A Hero Reborn Flies onto Shelves


A Hero Reborn: The Hero Emerges was released in late April 2012. I’m so excited that the first book of my series has finally gotten out and my dream has finally been realized.I began writing in high school, where I was inspired by the impressive works of F. Scott Fitzgerald. I especially loved his book The Great Gatsby, a story of deceit and class struggle. What really resonated with me was how Fitzgerald incorporated parts of his life into his characters to give them a real conflict to deal with. I felt that if Fitzgerald could express his thoughts, views and feelings through creative writing, so could I. 

I’ve always enjoyed comic books and I’ve always enjoyed making superheroes or supernatural adventures of my own. After months of work, hours of typing and gallons of caffeine, I finally made A Hero Reborn: The Hero Emerges. The story is centered around a young man named Tyrone Williams, who is like most other people his age…except for the fact that his dad is a superhero who serves as a beacon of justice and hope for all of Philadelphia, which is where I grew up in real life. I’ve come to love the city and I really wanted to put my characters in real life places in the City of Brotherly Love.




Tyrone wants to be like his father and follow in his footsteps. He finds this dream might come a lot sooner when his father is murdered by the super powered leader of a gang hell bent on taking over the city. Devastated, Tyrone works to gain his father’s power and exact revenge on the evil gang leader. But in his quest for retribution, Tyrone will have to learn that it takes more than powers to be a hero and that vengeance will only harm himself and the city he promises to protect.It’s a deep seeded internal struggle that Tyrone must endure and that will determine what path in life he will choose.


A Hero Reborn: The Hero Emerges is the first book in my series and was published by Atlas Entertainment Publishing, an organization that I founded two years ago. So far The Hero Emerges has received decent exposure and feedback, but I hope to expand a lot more over the next couple of months. Right now I’m devoting my time to promoting my first book and writing my second. 


While I have been writing since I was seven, it wasn’t until creating A Hero Reborn in 2010 that made me want to become a serious indie author. All feedback, whether positive and negative, is warmly welcomed. I enjoy touching readers with my work, and listening to what they have to say is what makes being an author a truly worthwhile endeavor.   


A Hero Reborn: The Hero Emerges is available on Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com and in e-format on the Kindle and the Nook. If anyone would like to know more about either myself or the book, please visit my site at aheroreborn.weebly.com.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails