Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Movie Review: Breaking Dawn Part 1

Breaking Dawn
Part 1


Director: Bill Condon
Stars: Kristen Stewart
             Robert Pattinson
             Taylor Lautner


Ratings:


★ ★ ★ ★ ★





My thoughts:


I saw the first part of Breaking Dawn movie a week after its showing date and I have to agree with friends that it was better than the last three movies. I was impressed with it. I liked the acting skills of the casts better this time (forget about Kristen S.). In the past 3 movies, I realized Lautner's acting like he has no feelings. However this time, I think he has improved and now way better than Pattinson's. Oh that reminds me I have to buy Abduction DVD to watch this Christmas holidays.






I loved the wedding! It was sooo perfect!! The Cullens looked great especially Alice. 
She's so pretty, pretty, pretty!!



I liked Bella's wedding gown, it's so simple yet it looked so elegant. 

The bad part? Renee's hair is awful and she looked older than her age. Too bad to look at when all the Cullens looked great. One of my favorite scenes was when Bella was walking down the aisle with her father, Charlie. The scene made me cry, showing a real father-daughter relationship which was not like that when the book started. 


I am not really into Twilight nowadays. I gave up loving it (like selling all my Twilight books) after I read Vampire Academy series but I have to admit that Breaking Dawn part 1 was just amazing and I WANT to SEE it AGAIN! 




Breaking Dawn Part 2 - We all know what happened in the last chapters of the Breaking Dawn book. After the wedding and the birth of Renesmee (please don't name your baby Renesmee, I really hated that name), there was just confrontation with the Volturi, NO battle scenes just testing their powers with each other. Meyer prepared us readers for battle and then after just a few explanations, the Volturi believed them, left and the Cullens lived happily ever after! I was really REALLY disappointed with the last book, I wanted someone to die! So if there's no battle, I'm pretty much worried about the second part, would there be enough story for Breaking Dawn Part 2?

1 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Great review. I've yet to see the film, at this rate I'll be waiting until it comes out on DVD. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, I've heard such mixed reviews, mostly good but some terrible.

Related Posts with Thumbnails