Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton


Title: Guilty Pleasures
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Paperback:368 pages
Publisher: Berkley Trade (August 3, 2004)

Ratings:

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Anita Blake Series Book 1

"I don't date vampires. I kill them" Love this book. Anita Blake is a one strong female lead character and she's very funny! It's not the same as with the other vampire books out there. A good one that can be compared to Anne Rice's novels.
I think this is a very long series with 18 or 19 books? Anyway, I liked the first one, I just hope there'll be more Jean-Claude moments in book 2.

I heard they're considering making a movie/tv series out of this series. Jennifer Garner would be the perfect choice for Anita Blake. :)

"My name is Anita Blake.

Vampires call me The Executioner. What I call them isn't repeatable. Ever since the Supreme Court granted the undead equal rights, most people think vampires are just ordinary folks with fangs. I know better. I've seen their victims. I carry the scars...

But now a serial killer is murdering vampires -- and the most powerful bloodsucker in town wants me to find the killer..." http://www.laurellkhamilton.org

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails